Our Lady and St. Bernard

.

                                      

                                                              

                          name

Our Lady and St. Bernard

                   latin name

                   founded in

2006

                inhabited by

nuns

                  founded by

 

 

 

 

The monastery opened, following the closure of the Monastery of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart, St Bernard’s Convent, Slough, (1897 – 2006). Slough was founded directly from the first Bernardine Monastery at Esquermes. Sisters from Hyning and Slough participated in the foundation, under the jurisdiction of the Monastery of Notre Dame de la Plaine.

             mother house

Monastère Notre Dame de La Plaine

                 affiliated to

 

 

 

Ordo monialium cist. Bernardinarum de Esquermes

(The Monasteries of the Bernardines of Esquermes are not autonomous and have a system of central government, based at the Mother House)

                        to visit

                      address

 

 

Monastery of Our Lady and St Bernard

Brownshill, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6 8AL

UK

                         phone

[+44] (0)1453 883084

                              fax

[+44] (0)1453 887388

                          email

 

sisterelizabethmary@yahoo.co.uk    (Prioress)

brownshillbookings@yahoo.co.ukbrownshillbookings@yahoo.co.uk    (Guest house bookings)

                       internet

www.bernardine.org/brownshille.html